Including Rules of Various Courts
More than just a publication – your complete, one-stop library dealing with the CCMA, labour and labour appeal court rules.
By Brian van Zyl
The publication firstly consists of a detailed analysis of all the CCMA rules. Secondly, it also deals with some of the most important legal issues governing the rules regulating conduct in the labour and labour appeals courts. Lastly, similar and appropriate rules of the uniform rules of court, as well as the rules of the magistrates’ courts also receive extensive attention.
The author adopted a specific format in order to provide practitioners and learners with a structured approach to the vast mass of material and, in this regard, each rule receives the following treatment:
- a comparison is provided between the content of the rule before and from 1 April 2015;
- an analysis is provided with reference to, inter alia, the principles underlying the rules;
- comprehensive cross-references are made to similar provisions in various courts of law; and
- where appropriate, a specific ‘case law section’ has been created.
Ease Of Use
Ease of use is achieved by means of:
- the inclusion of relevant prescribed forms
- various guidelines
- the utilisation of diagrams
- an up-to-date table of cases
- comprehensive tables referencing the various rules
- a detailed table of the primary statutes as well as other statutes and statutory provisions
- an index comprising 34 pages
Stock Is Limited
The Book makes an important contribution to the establishment of much-needed literature dealing specifically with the topic of the rules governing conduct in the various labour fora and has been well-received by CCMA commissioners, judges, practitioners and students across South Africa.